Sourcebook is equipped with the latest in research and regularly works alongside industry leaders, government bodies, trade fairs and universities. This knowledge is shared through a variety of events and services, outlined below. If we can assist you in planning an event, please let us know!
Sourcebook is regularly invited to curate exhibitions, present lectures and moderate panel talks at some of the most important fashion and textile trade fairs, including Munich Fabric Start, Techtextil and Berlin Fashion Week. Partners and members of Sourcebook can benefit from discounted exhibitor rates.
Next Tex is an ongoing independent exhibition series conceived by Sourcebook for the Keyhouse Innovations space of Munich Fabric Start. A hand-picked selection of exhibitors present their groundbreaking products, prototypes and services under selected themes: Next Tex SS18 Next Tex AW17 Munich Fabric Start SS17
Closing the gap between fashion and technology, the Responsible Innovators for Fashion & Textiles (RIFT) Summit set up by Sourcebook and Future Fashion Forward is an expert forum and think tank that aims to foster responsible innovations by connecting craft traditions with new sustainable strategies. Starting off as a one-day conference parallel to the WEARit Festival, RIFT has subsequently presented panel talks at trade fairs such as Munich Fabric Start.
Interdisciplinary teams work together over two to three day to find solutions to challenges set by a jury of corporate partners. Relevant resources are provided and expert coaches are on hand to help realise ideas that are then presented to the judges. For instance, Sourcebook organised a hackathon with Fashion Hackday to develop innovative concepts for wearable tech and smart clothing. This intense creative thinking format gives participants the opportunity to work alongside industry experts, network, meet potential employers, scale up their ideas and more.
Monthly, round table talk series organised in conjunction with Future Fashion Forward, CRCLR and Agora, industry experts and researchers voluntarily impart invaluable information to support our local fashion and textile community – whether that’s where to find sustainable manufacturers, who to go to for financing or how to increase sales.
- Networking events: Potential business partners are brought together during fairs and other industry events, for example the Berlin Poland B2B Matchmaking event. Meetings for smaller groups can also be arranged to take place in hotel conference rooms or other suitable locations.
- Sourcing trips: Taking international businesses/delegates on guided tours around fabric mills, manufacturers and specialised ateliers to meet potential partners. These can be organised with accommodation and to coincide with trade fairs, like our Sourcing Trip to Kahramanmaras, Turkey.
- Specialist workshops: Key topics in the textile industry – such as sustainable supply chains, sourcing strategies, production management and introductions to Fashion Tech – are explored under the guidance of experienced practitioners. Each participant will receive a script, interactive toolkit, course documents and certificate.
- Tailored support: Financial, marketing, branding, sales or strategic advice, Sourcebook can advise you from design conception to visual merchandising.
- Feasibility studies: Analysis of the viability of business ideas, concepts and projects with public and private partners, municipalities and associations building the bridge between sustainability and technological innovation.